libassuan 3.0.0 bumped the soname without bumping the symbol versioning

Andreas Metzler ametzler at bebt.de
Sat Jun 22 18:18:29 CEST 2024

Hello,

libassuan bumped the soname without bumping the symbol versioning which
does away with the whole point of symbol versioning, avoiding crashes
when the at some point during the library transition period a program
ends up being linked (transitively) against two different versions of the
library.

Could you do a quick 3.0.1 release to fix this before it has found its way
into the major distributions?

(There are some autoconf macros to automatize this, I can start digging
if you want me to.)

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'