Very first Beta of GnuPG 2.6 available

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu May 2 08:56:45 CEST 2024

Hi!

> I had several problems building/running this and eventually became tired
> of fixing small issues (mostly build environment related) -- is it
> possible to build from git instead?  Which branches were used?

Actually it as been taken from Git and I tried it on a separate box
without problems.   But as Damien mentioned my  description was wrong:
You need to use the this-native target.

You can also build from Gut.  You need to use the latest Libgcrypt and
gnupg master.  Everything else has been released.  The speedo things is
good because you don't need to mess with an existing gnupg installation.

> Will you support sntrup761 and/or mceliece6688128?  I would like to see
> some alternative to kyber early on.

No.  We need to avoid algorithm proliferation.  That is also why I don't
care about PC signatures right now.

Thanks for trying to build.

Shalom-Salam,

The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein