[PATCH gpgme] Add RFC 9980 post-quantum public-key algorithms
Andrew Gallagher
andrewg at andrewg.com
Thu Sep 24 15:22:23 CEST 2026
Hi, Werner.
On 24/09/2026 10:24, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Sep 2026 23:53, Andrew Gallagher said:
>> for SLH-DSA for the vast majority of users. I'm curious though, will
>> ML-DSA support be RFC-9980 compatible in all compliance modes, or do
>> you plan to implement a separate LibrePGP flavour, as per ML-KEM?
>
> Unfortunately we are forced to implement both variants. One for the PGP
> crowd and one for the NSA/IETF crowd.
I'm sorry to hear this. I understand that you are effectively forced to
implement RFC9980, and that you would much prefer to implement PQC
signatures similarly to the LibrePGP Kyber architecture. It's not clear
to me though what *forces* you to maintain parallel variants for
features that have not yet been developed, let alone shipped. Won't this
just mean extra work for everyone?
A
More information about the Gnupg-devel
mailing list