License change for the GPH.

Karl Voit devnull at Karl-Voit.at
Thu Oct 31 12:35:29 CET 2013

* A.M. Kuchling <amk at amk.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 05:13:10PM +0100, Karl Voit wrote:
>> However, in case it is that outdated as some people wrote, is a
>> completely re-write from scratch an option?
>
> I think that's certainly an option, and have started thinking about
> an outline:
> https://raw.github.com/akuchling/gpg-primer/master/primer.org

Cool.

> I'd love to hear reactions and suggestions.

>From a quick glance at your page, I'd say it is a good structure.

As a side-note: how about thinking about a set of personas[1]. For
example, I would say that users of Outlook with no deep IT knowledge
are our most important target group for GnuPG documentation. With a
persona in this area, you are able to determine whether or not a
certain topic is explained on a suitable level. It's hard to write
concise documentation with no clear image of the typical reader.

  1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personas#In_user_experience_design
--
All in all, one of the most disturbing things today is the definitive
fact that the NSA, GCHQ, and many more government organizations are