gnupg-1.0.2 patch: LC_CTYPE needs to be imported

Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS edmundo@rano.org
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 21:50:47 +0100

And what does ISO say about the character set? I don't have the ISO standard, but I've seen various documents that seem to be carefully worded so as to allow EBCDIC, e.g. http://www.opennc.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xbd/charset.html But clearly you have to use US-ASCII in network protocols, so it can't be much fun getting most programs to work on an EBCDIC system ...
> so, please do. Until I (or someone else) have time enough to convert
> everything to UTF-8
The usual advice is to use the wchar_t API, let the system libraries handle it and avoid putting anything UTF-8-specific into the application. Edmund