PATCH: translation of menu-commands now possible in pkclist.c

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:44:41 +0100

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:

> I'm not sure this is the right way to do it. Hard-wired things are to
> be avoided, I think ...
I know it is not a perfect solution but it is also done for yes/no
> "sS,mM,qQ", which a translater could translate as "xX,yY,zZ", if they
> don't want the English keys to be accepted, or as "xXsS,yYmM,zZqq", if
Not in this version. Maybe we can rework the user interface in the future
> But I suppose we really ought to be thinking about wide characters and
> charset support, too; a Russian user might be using koi8-r or utf-8.
At the Tokyo BOF we talked about such things and the common sense was not to do it in a program but leave it to the library. The Japanese folks have some experience with character sets ;) -- Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013