International Comment line

Ingemar Fällman Ingemar.Fallman@UMDAC.UmU.SE
Sat Mar 2 21:09:02 2002

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

Hi

There is a problem with many of the translated Comment lines.

For example the swedish comment line..

    Comment: F=F6r information se http://www.gnupg.org/

This line works fine as long as the charset is set to ISO-8859-1.

But if no charset is included, (that is when the mail is encrypted)=20
then the =F6 will be translated to =3DF6.

    Comment: F=3DF6r information se http://www.gnupg.org/

And this results in a CRC error when trying to decrypt
the message.

This will result in error when sending encrypted mails..
Singed mails works fine because they have a charset.

This is not only a Swedish problem.. Any translation with a Comment line=20
containing non ASCII chars would be affected.

My personal opinion is that the Comment line shuld not be translated
because it is not part of the user interface.

Note: I used mutt and evolution when I found this problem, and
      I have changed my own comment line so that it works.

Regards
/Ingemar F=E4llman

--=20
Ingemar F=E4llman              Phone: +46(0)90 786 9335
UMDAC, Ume=E5 University       Fax:   +46(0)90 786 6762
S-901 87 UME=C5, SWEDEN	     MailTo:Ingemar.Fallman@UMDAC.UmU.SE
 $_=3D"3vtu bopuifs|Pfsm\ ibdlfs,";y/a-z,|3/za-y. J/;print"$_\n";

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c--