What if I wanna translate the man/info page?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Mar 21 20:15:03 CET 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:42:43 +0300, Pawel Shajdo said:

> Hm... You can use any text editor you like.
> I'm use vim.

Please note that we will soon turn away from Docbook format and use
texinfo instead.  I am working on a tool to generate man pages from
texinfo source.  There will be a need to duplicate minor parts of the
man page but the bulk of the option's text will get automagically
extracted from the Texinfo.

As of now we create textinfo from a manpage which is not the best
solution.

I'll let you know when I am ready with that so that you can start
changing your translations too.  No time to rush this, though.  We can
keep the old method for the translations for some time.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner