compile

Jorgen Grahn jorgen.grahn@opensoftware.se
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 14:06:03 +0200

On Fri Aug 20 23:34:27 1999, Raj wrote:

> hello
>
> i have gnupg-0.9.8. i am using a redhat linux 5.2 system with not much
> modifications. when i compile i get the following error
> ( i did a simple ./configure and make)
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/root/gpgp/gnupg-0.9.8/tools'
> ld: cannot open -lz: No such file or directory
... This is a known bug; it has been mentioned here before (when it bit me ;-) It wants to link against zlib, and you don't have the developer files (i.e. zlib-devel-blahblah.rpm) installed. Either upgrade to 0.9.10 (which wont link against zlib unless you tell ./configure to) or install zlib. Hope I got that right. /Jörgen -- // Jorgen Grahn \X/ <jorgen.grahn@opensoftware.se>