UTF-8 encoding in key IDs

Jorgen Grahn jorgen.grahn@opensoftware.se
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 21:10:42 +0200

A simple question.

The 'o' in my first name 'Jorgen' is in reality an 'umlauted' o, and that's
what I used when I created my key.

Shouldn't I have done that? I have fooled around a bit, and I can't find a
way to make GnuPG display my name properly e.g. when I list my keyring.

It is always printed as 'J\xc3\xb6rgen Grahn' - and after consulting the RFC
that explains UTF-8, that seems correct; the single Latin-1 character is
encoded as two octets with the MSB set, while plain old ASCII characters are
left untouched. It would be nice though to be able to see it in its proper
Latin-1 form...

  "
/Jorgen

--