Decrypting mails but keep folders encrypted? Mailcrypt 3.5.4/pGnus0.97
10 Dec 1999 12:32:41 +0100
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
[Identical mails has been sent to ding and gnupg-users, there does not
seems to be a discussion-mailinglist for Mailcrypt.]
Mailcrypt 3.5.4/pGnus0.97/GPG 1.0.0
When I recieve a encrypted email and I decrypt it using Mailcrypt, the
*decrypted* mail is stored in the nnfolder - but I want it to be
*encrypted*! I want to keep my private mail private even *after* I've
1. An encrypted mail arrives and is stored in specified folder,
nnfolder:Foobar - still encrypted.
2. I open the mail and decrypt it (C-c / d) and reads it.
3. The *decrypted* text is saved to the nnfolder:Foobar isntead of the
4. Anyone that can read my files can now read the mail as plaintext
and if he has been smart he has first got the encrypted mail.
5. Repeat 1-4 until the villian has enough with plaintexts/encrypted
text to to make some attacks at my secure key.
Using Mailcrypt is not the most secure way in the fist place but much
securer then to save the plaintext.
 No-one (except root) by default - unless the system is broken into.
( GPG/PGP key @ www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/ ! Wei Wu Wei )
( U2MoL, Roleplaying, LaTeX, Emacs/Gnus, SCWM, etc. ! To Do Without Do )
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.0 (SunOS)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt and Gnu Privacy Guard <www.gnupg.org>
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----