Seeking officers for Free-software-friendly Certification Authority

Edward S. Marshall emarshal@logic.net
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 20:44:50 -0600 (CST)

You're not the only one concerned; there's a lot of ISPs very concerned that we're about to lose our only "second option" for certificate signing. Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> is trying to pull together people and resources to start a reasonably-priced or zero-cost, to the end-user, CA. The project has been initially dubbed "freecert" (ala freecert.org, no webpage as yet), and they have a discussion mailing list (a blank email to freecert-subscribe@flounder.net will subscribe you). Perhaps your goals might coincide well? I don't suspect these are the only two initiatives resulting from the (not-yet-SEC-approved) merger, and it would be nice to not duplicate effort all over the place... (I don't represent any of them, I'm just an observer who happened to notice Adam's posting on the inet-access mailing list.) -- Edward S. Marshall <emarshal@logic.net> http://www.xnet.com/~emarshal/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [ Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas. ]