irix 6.3 compilation problems

Michael Roth mroth@nessie.de
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 18:26:19 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Werner Koch wrote:

> Should help. We need a MIPS assembler guru to figure out what's
> going on. Anyone?
I'm not sure, but AFAIK gas is a little bit limitted on MIPS. I think I read some gcc documentation that you should not use gas on MIPS because gas don't work very well on this architecture. This is especially true at least for newer Irix (6.x) releases I think. But I don't know if I'm right. Hopefully the whole thread with gas on Irix has changed the last 1.5 years. (It's too long ago, I worked on SGI systems) cu Michael Roth