gpgpg

Michael Roth Michael Roth <mroth@nessie.de>
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 17:18:15 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Thomas Zander wrote:

> I recently installed gpg, and pgpgpg for the pgp interface so I could use elm.
> Immidiately after opening an signed message i got the option that pgpgpg did
> not implement the
> "keepbinary" option (which apparantly is a pgp option used by elm)
>
> Can anyone tell me what this option does, and if gpg implements this?
AFAIK, +keepbinary should keep the binary with extension .pgp when creating ascii armored output (.asc extension). However, it looks like that this is not already true. I don't know the exactly semantic of this option.
> If gpg doesn't then why would pgpgpg die when the keepbinary option is passed,
> is it a security leak if this is not used or something.
;-) Pgpgpg doesn't know how to translate and/or handle +keepbinary. I put this issue on my TODO list and hopefully in the next release their will be a solution for this. cu Michael Roth