signed mail, and I don't have the public key..

zander@microweb.nl zander@microweb.nl
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:54:27 +0100 (WET DST)

I have been integrating gpg in my unix environment, using elm this meant
installing the gpgpgp wrapper.

If I open an email which is signed, gpg tries to get the public key from the
keyserver (I used www.keyserver.net). This action failed, probably because the
public key was not there.

After this, elm showed the output of gpg, this seemed to be an empty email!
with a message that the signature could not be found..

This leaves me with the problem that I can not read signed messages, when I
don't have the public key. As I find this frustrating I wondered if anyone
has found a way to get past this.

Thanx
--
Thomas Zander                                                zander@microweb.nl
History repeats itself, it has to, nobody ever listens      OpenPGP key: 0588D5