RSA & IDEA Howto (Was Re: Signing (with) old pgp 2 keys)

Chris Wiegand cwiegand@urgentmail.com
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:53:37 -0600

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Michael Roth wrote:

> If you use shells like KMail, Geheimnis or GnomePGP it may be possible
> that these programms use stdin/stdout to feed data to and from GnuPG. So
> creating PGP 2.6 compatible messages with these tools might be not
> possible.
Geheimnis uses only a file-based setup. In time, I may explore pipes if I feel inclined, but generally I use files. Sadly, KMail *does* use pipes (I know, I wanted to write a wrapper around it for geheimnis). I don't believe the version of KMail released with KDE 1.1.1 supports gpg (appears to support pgp 2.6 and pgp 5).