sending keys

Dave Holland dave.holland@incyte.com
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 17:10:54 +0100

On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 08:53:08AM -0700, Ben Woodard wrote:

> gpg: can't connect to `wwwkeys.ch.pgp.net': Connection timed out
> Does this mean that there is a problem with the keyserver or does it
> mean that the program is not functioning properly.
It looks like a problem with the keyserver. Try wwwkeys.pgp.net instead. That address is an alias for several machines so if it fails, try again a couple of times.
> Could there be a problem with our firewall? We have a pretty open
> firewall but we use IP masquerading so that all internal machines
> exist on the internet as one IP addr.
I have used gnupg through a masquerading firewall with no problems. Good luck, Dave -- Dave Holland -<>- Systems Administrator -<>- Incyte Genetics, Cambridge, UK