can't import signature

Ben Woodard ben@valinux.com
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:19:25 -0700

I went to the web and found a person whose key I should have and I
double checked it against the fingerprint on his card and they
match. The problem is that it doesn't seem to want to import into
gpg. Why is this? Does it have something to do with gpg not supporting
RSA or something?

Sorry for asking so many questions. I'm kind of new to all of this
stuff.

[ben@wythe ben]$ gpg --import dbrumley.key
gpg (GnuPG) 0.9.7; Copyright (C) 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

gpg: key 03846505: no valid user ids
gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:           w/o user IDs: 1