Warning messages.

Christian Ullrich ChrUllrich@gmx.de
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 22:37:35 +0200

On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 11:19:58AM -0700, Ben Woodard wrote:

> What triggers this message? Is there something that we can do about it
> to make our memory secure? Can you say to Unix, "send me this signal
> if you need to swap a page?" or "Don't swap this page or else I will
> have to kill err I mean reboot you."
With this message, GnuPG tries to tell you that it can't lock a page in memory, because on your system only root is allowed to do so. To make it go away, you'll have to call gpg with root privileges. The easiest way to do this is to make it suid root. -- Christian Ullrich Registered Linux User #125183