GPG & PGP

homega@vlc.servicom.es homega@vlc.servicom.es
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 12:30:40 +0100

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

Hi again,

It seems I finally succeeded in getting gnupg up and working, and
"interacting" with pgp ...

I still have some doubts about the way it works, but I've tried a few things
that seem to work.  The pgp2gnupg by Caskey L. Dickson (don't know whether
it's the author's name or just a name created for the sake of the example)
gives a way to import keys from pgp5 to gnupg ... but I can't get that to
work from the pgpk side.

I noticed that the pgp2 keyrings are "read" by default by gnupg (v 0.9.3),
and adding the path for the pgp2 .pkr and .skr also allows gnupg to "read"
them, is this a way around importing the keys?

The only key that gnupg doesn't seem to be reading from pubring.pkr is the
following:

sec  2048 0xDDDC215A 1998-07-20 ---------- DSS             Sign & Encrypt
sub  8192 0x06E9D714 1998-07-20 ---------- Diffie-Hellman
uid  Horacio Menezo <homega@correo.com>

any idea as to why?  If I try to --import it, I get a message about it not
being signed by itself.  According to pgp2gnupg, you can ignore that message
and see that it has actually been imported, but not in this case.

TIA,

Horacio.

--=20
Claves - GnuPG/PGP - Keys : http://www.rediris.es/cert/keyserver
o/or
Env=EDa un mensaje vac=EDo a homega@vlc.servicom.es con la l=EDnea de asunt=
o:
Send a blank message to homega@vlc.servicom.es with the subject line:
Tipo de Clave/Key Type				Asunto:/Subject:

DSA/ElGamal					fetch dsa/elgamal
DSS/Diffie-Hellman				fetch dh/dss
RSA						fetch rsa
--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc