Problem with compilation on OSF1 V4.0 alpha

Michael Fischer v. Mollard mfvm@gmx.de
03 Nov 1999 11:11:45 +0100

Stepan Potocky <stepan@students.zcu.cz> writes:

> Hi,
> can someone tell me how to fix %subj? There is written GnuPG compiles and
> runs on OSF1 V4.0 with Alpha CPU in the main web page.
>
> Thanks Stepan
>
> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..
> -I../include -g -O2 -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -c
> g10m.c
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../include -g -O2 -Wall -Wcast-align
> -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -c g10m.c -o g10m.o
> echo timestamp > g10m.lo
> Make: Don't know how to make mpih-mul1.lo. Stop.
> *** Exit 1
> Stop.
> *** Exit 1
> Stop.
It definetly does. But it needs some manual help. There is a bunch off mpih*.S files, which you may compile via gcc -c file.S in the mpi directory. You may also take a look at the akefile and delete the .S.lo target at the end (IIRC, I did that some weeks ago). Next thing you will have to face is the -lc trap: The gcc will fail in linking the C library because there are several -lc options in one command. Needs handwork, too. But it is possible :-) Werner Koch suggests using GNU make instead of DEC make, but I never tried this. -- MfG MFvM Michael Fischer v. Mollard mfvm@gmx.de