Yes!! I got it!

Christian Haul haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:04:58 +0100

Hi.

first, let me thank you for your incredibly fast responses. Actually,
the first replies arrived before my subscription to the mailing list
was completed. Thus I waited until I was certain that I havn't
overlooked a reply by double checking the list archives.

The definitive hint was the linker problem. Yes, indeed I too use the
gnu binutils on Solaris 7. Having found that, and considering the
error message I have another solution for the problem which I think
should go into the distribution:

Calling GNU's ld with -E prevents it to strip all unused symbols!

Hence
      DYNLINK_LDFLAGS = -Wl,-dy,-E
solves the problem as well.

gpg (GnuPG) 1.0.0 Copyright (C) 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details. Supported algorithms: Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, TWOFISH, SKIPJACK Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG Hash: MD5, SHA1, RIPEMD160 Thanks again, folks. Chris. On 15.Nov.1999 -- 07:09 PM, John A. Perry wrote:

-- Technische Universität Darmstadt FG Datenverwaltungssysteme I +49.6151.16 -6232 (Tel) / -6229 (Fax) C h r i s t i a n H a u l http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/DVS1/ haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de See Personal Homepage for PGP-Key