Problems for PGP5 users to use my GPG-key.

Jonas Steverud d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se
16 Nov 1999 23:15:51 +0100

"J. Michael Ashley" <jashley@ct39416-a.nblvil1.in.home.com> writes:

> On 3 Nov 1999, Jonas Steverud wrote:
> > A friend of mine uses PGP 5.0 and we want to encrypt our emails. He can
> > decrypt my mails to him but when he tries to encrypt with my GPG 1.0.0
> > key he gets "No algorithm available that all keys support.".
[...]
> The problem could be that your friend is encrypting the message to
> himself as well, and his key does not have cast5 or twofish in his
> preferences.
>
> I'm not sure how to change one's algorithm preferences in GnuPG.
>
> As ana aside, I'm a bit surprised that 3DES is not in a GnuPG-generated
> key's preferences by default.
And the bottom line is? I don't think I understand how this will help me. I would really appreciate any help to get this fixed. I want to encypt my mail to my pgp5-using friend. My key is generated by gpg so the PGP5-GnuPG HOWTO is of little or no use. I started to get GnuPG to work with PGP about 2 month ago but still haven't got it work. Since I'm completely without knowledge on how GPG, PGP and related issues works in practice (what to putin which configfile etc.) I cannot do this by myself. I think this is my 4:th or 5:th cry for handguided help. Time to give up? Am I the only one to communicate with PGP5 users? /Jonas, who just checked the documentation again but found no help. -- ( Jonas Steverud @ www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/ ! Wei Wu Wei ) ( U2MoL, Roleplaying, LaTeX, Emacs/Gnus, SCWM, etc. ! To Do Without Do )