Mailcrypt/gnus/reading my own encypted mail

Jonas Steverud d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se
04 Oct 1999 19:25:09 +0200

I mailed the authors of mailcrypt for some time ago regarding some
other question but have not got an answer yet. Since they seems slow I
take my chances here.

pgnus 0.96, mailcrypt 3.5.4, gpg 1.0.0

I encrypted a testmail to a friend of mine and mailed it. It got
Gcc:ed to nnfolder+archive:Mail and I enter it and press C-c / d.
I then get an errormessage "That passphrase was wrong". C-c / f does
not solve the problem. I have default-recipient-self in
~/.gnupg/options and in my~/.gnus:

(load-library "mailcrypt") ; provides "mc-setversion"
(add-hook 'mail-mode-hook 'mc-install-write-mode)
(add-hook 'gnus-summary-mode-hook 'mc-install-read-mode)
(add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'mc-install-write-mode)
(add-hook 'news-reply-mode-hook 'mc-install-write-mode)
(setq mc-encrypt-for-me t)
(mc-setversion "gpg")

What have I missed?

TIA.

/Jonas, who thought that encryption was to prevent *others* from
        reading the mails.
--
( Jonas Steverud  @  www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/ !    Wei Wu Wei    )
( U2MoL, Roleplaying, LaTeX, Emacs/Gnus, SCWM, etc. ! To Do Without Do )