Diable comment string on a per-message basis?

Michael Roth mroth@nessie.de
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:12:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Frank Tobin wrote:

> > Is it possible to diable comments on a per-message basis? I'd like to be
> > able to tell gpg *not* to use the comment string in the options file when
> > signing or encrypting certain messages.
>
> Use the "--no-comment" argument.
No, that's wrong. The "--no-comment" option does a different thing, for the normal user total useles. It doesn't affect the comment in ASCII armored output. Quote from the man page: --no-comment Do not write comment packets. This option affects only the generation of secret keys. Output of option packets is disabled since version 0.4.2. To omit the comment in ASCII armored GnuPG output use --comment "" or as Werner mentioned, remove the comment by hand or sed or something else. cu Michael