pgp5 doesn't like my gnupg signatures

Martin Lucina mato@kotelna.sk
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:10:02 +1300

mato said:

> [-- PGP output follows (current time: Thu Oct 14 08:59:22 1999) --]
> BAD signature made 1999-10-14 06:52 GMT by key:
> 1024 bits, Key ID 61F2637C, Created 1999-10-14
> "Martin Lucina <mato@kotelna.sk>"
> This signature applies to another message
> [-- End of PGP output --]
>
> However if I check this signature again using GnuPG, it says it's correct.
> This is all using mutt as my MUA.
Here I go, replying to my own email. It turns out this was because mutt was using MD5 as the MIC algorithm, which GnuPG detected OK but PGP5 refused to accept. Setting it to SHA1 solved the problem. This should probably go in the FAQ. mato -- Martin Lucina http://www.kotelna.sk/mato/ Wellington, New Zealand I've always been mad I know I've been mad like the most of us are Pretty hard to explain why you're a madman even if you're not mad