gpg on a 486/66 with Linux 2.0?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:03:51 +0200

Nelson Minar <nelson@media.mit.edu> writes:

> I've had some bad luck running gpg on an old 486/66 with Linux 2.0.36
> and a Redhat 5.1 system. I couldn't generate a key at all, got stuck
> in random number generation. And encrypting even short messages takes
> a long time, maybe 20 or 30 seconds.
You are not on the console, right? Go to the console and keep hitting the shift, meta and control keys to have some interrupts for the entropy gatherer. 2.0.26 works fine. It may also be the case, that there is another process sucking off all the random from /degv/urandom. -- Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013