GnuPG on Solaris 2.5.1 (success) and question about GnuPG and (br r) WinNT

Bouthoorn, P. p.bouthoorn@kpn.com
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:57:07 +0200

Hi,

This is probably old news, but I'd like to hear about other ppl's
experiences: a colleague and me succesfully built GnuPG on Solaris 2.5.1
(using gcc 2.8.1 and GNU Make 3.74). It did not compile out of the box,
though. When we used --enable-m-guard it compiled OK, but core dumped when
doing something (anything) interesting. Eventually we used:

configure --with-included-zlib --disable nls

After that it compiled and ran OK. Are these the 'correct' settings for
Solaris 2.5.1?

On a different note: what is the status of GnuPG on (brrr..) WinNT? If I
understand correctly it works fine except for the random number generator,
so that it's not very good at generating keys...correct? So if I generate
keys with GnuPG on a different platforms (say Solaris) and import these to
GnuPG on WinNT everything's fine?

regards,
Peter