Compile on Solaris 2.6?

Martin Roberts Martin.Roberts@peace.com
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:43:25 +1200 (NZT)

Steve Nunez writes:
 >    Has anyone got version 1.0.o to compile on Solaris 2.6 (sparc)?
 > I've tried but keep getting an error in the make:
 >
 > make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `mpih-add1.lo'
 > Current working directory /usr/local/src/gnupg-1.0.0/mpi
 > *** Error code 1

Somebody else reported this with an earlier version and I have
observed it with on IRIX 6.5 with both versions I've used.

Following in the previous poster's footsteps I used GNU make and had
no trouble.  I have not had time to look into what the Irix make was
trying to do but this is not the only package where GNU make was
required.

A less satisfactory approach which I had tried earlier was to compile
without the assembly routines.  This presumably slows execution but
works if you cannot get GNU make.

I hope this helps.

Martin.