Decryption problem

Matthew Harrell mharrell@bittwiddlers.com
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:30:20 -0400

Hi,
        I'm trying to move from PGP 5.0 to GnuPG but I'm having problems
decrypting emails that work fine with PGP.  For instance, here's the output
I get in mutt when I try to read such a message:

gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit (null) key, ID 9F08E689, created 1995-12-27
      "Matthew Harrell <mharrell@std.saic.com>"
gpg: public key decryption failed: unknown pubkey algorithm
gpg: encrypted with 768-bit (null) key, ID 1D55B4A1, created 1994-05-28
      "David M. Meyer <meyer@virtc.com>"
gpg: no secret key for decryption available
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

The key this particular one was created with was an RSA key from PGP 2.6.  Is
that what's causing the problem?

Thanks for any help.

--
  Matthew Harrell                          The Earth is like a tiny grain of
  Bit Twiddlers, Inc.                       sand, only much, much heavier.