IDEA

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:58:47 +0200

Robert Fendt <fendt@student.physik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> Hmm. I use a GnuPG-0.4 generated DSS/DH key (with GnuPG 1.0). The preferences
> of this key are apparently CAST5, 3DES, BLOWFISH (it uses by default CAST5,
> when I disable this, 3DES is used, and so on). Has this been altered since 0.4?
Yes: Blowfish has been replaced by Twofish. But as a workaround the use of Blowfish does not emit a warning about "cipher not in preferences" and Twofish is not yet used. This odd behaviour is needed to make the migration to Twofish easier.
and you get them displayed as numbers. There is no option to change this list. -- Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013