PGP compatibility

phil@Stimpy.netroedge.com phil@Stimpy.netroedge.com
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:03:22 -0700 (PDT)

To my understanding, there isn't much you can do if you really want to stick with GPG but still use RSA keys. If you are using this stuff for non-profit purposes, you can use RSA's pgp for Linux (www.pgpi.com). Or, you could try to buy it from McAfee or Network Associates. The odd thing is that I had a tough time trying to find a commercial version of PGP for Linux. I needed it for work a while ago, but never found a place which sold it for Linux.... so, I just went w/ GPG instead (no RSA keys was OK for my use). ....which leads me to the suggestion: Why not use the freeware version of PGP for commercial use? The license says to buy the commercial version for profit uses, but it doesn't seem to exist! Who's around to press charges (hasn't RSA been bought out a couple times [McAfee and Network Associates?]), and what could they do (i.e., what motivation would they have?). Phil ------------------------------------------------------------ Philip Edelbrock -- IS Manager -- Edge Design, Corvallis, OR phil@netroedge.com -- http://www.netroedge.com/~phil PGP F16: 01 D2 FD 01 B5 46 F4 F0 3A 8B 9D 7E 14 7F FB 7A