PGP compatibility

J Horacio MG Horacio <homega@ciberia.es>
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 16:51:21 +0200

El vie, 24 de sep de 1999, a las 11:12:38 +0000, Karsten Patzwaldt dijo:

> > > 2000-09-20
> >
> > As far as GnuPG goes, does this mean that it there will be a full
> > implementation of RSA in a year time?
>
> What do you mean by 'full implementation'? There are the modules, rsa.c,
> idea.c, 3des.c, ..., that you can use. And these will be free after this
> date, I assume.
I mean as an integral part of the system distribution. If the problem with these algorithms is just around the patent issue, after this has expired there should be no reason for keeping the modules aside from the main package. And no, I'm not asking whether GnuPG will ever support RSA keys generation, as I know this will *never* happen. Regards, -- Horacio homega@ciberia.es Valencia - ESPAŅA