PGP compatibility

J Horacio MG Horacio <homega@ciberia.es>
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 21:31:17 +0200

El sáb, 25 de sep de 1999, a las 05:49:22 +0200, Werner Koch dijo:

> > And no, I'm not asking whether GnuPG will ever support RSA keys
> > generation, as I know this will *never* happen.
^^^^^^oh, oh ... this should have read "I believe"
> Did I ever said this? It is no problem no have full RSA as soon as
> the patent has expired. I don't beleive they can extend their patent
> vor another 17/20 years - they probably would have done this with
> their DH patent too.
I don't recall you saying so, I probably took some statements the wrong way. So, we might expect RSA integration in GnuPG in a probably not so long future ... just *might* While I believe there is very little reason for using pgp 2.x within the *nix community, the truth is that there are still very many using it. This is a bit of nonsense since gnupg has more support for those environments than PGP right now. But while there are still people using pgp 2.x, the issue about the full compatibility of GnuPG with IDEA and RSA remains. Regards, -- Horacio homega@ciberia.es Valencia - ESPAÑA