with-colons info

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 14:11:25 +0200

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Frank Tobin wrote:

> trust/validity. The value 'u' can be given for a uid's validity, which
> means it is 'ultimately' trusted; however, if I'm not mistaken, uid's are
> not trusted; they have calculated validity. The use of the idea of
Key validity is calculated per user ID. Remember that you do not sign a key but the key+userID.
> 'ultimate trust' on a uid is confusing, I think; somehow we should be
I agree that the usage of the terms is confusing. There is also the idea to use the terms "the key is known" and the "key is not known" instead of the complicated validity term. Werner -- Werner Koch OpenPGP key 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH tel +49 211 239577-0 Birkenstr. 12 email info@openit.de D-40233 Düsseldorf http://www.openit.de