gnupg and IRIX 6.5.6

Jörg Noack joerg.noack@gmx.net
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:17:46 +0200 (MEST)

Hallo,

I'm new user of gnupg. Under my linux box gnupg works fine and
without problems. Now my question. Is it possible to compile
and run gnupg successful under IRIX 6.5.6. I have compiled
the sources gnupg-1.0.1d with

# rm config.h config.cache g10defs.h
# CC=cc CFLAGS=-mips3 ./configure --prefix=/yatmp/freeware/gnupg \
--enable-static-rnd=none --disable-dev-random --disable-dynload  \
--disable-asm

but during the key generation gnupg dies with a "Bus error" :-(.

-- output ----------
You need a Passphrase to protect your secret key.

gpg: WARNING: using insecure random number generator!!
The random number generator is only a kludge to let
it run - it is in no way a strong RNG!

DON'T USE ANY DATA GENERATED BY THIS PROGRAM!!

We need to generate a lot of random bytes. It is a good idea to perform
some other action (type on the keyboard, move the mouse, utilize the
disks) during the prime generation; this gives the random number
generator a better chance to gain enough entropy.
Bus error

Have anybody the same problem?

	Joerg

--
---
!!! Please dont send large files to this mail address !!!