RES: Secure connections

phil@Stimpy.netroedge.com phil@Stimpy.netroedge.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:00:25 -0700

Almost related: For machines which do a lot of encrypting based on
random numbers (VPN routers, SSL web servers, etc.), are there
hardware products which can produce lots of high-quality random
numbers?  The kernel /dev/random works well, but sometimes it can run
out of data, and the server will lag.

I'm interested in what you people think.

Phil

-- Philip Edelbrock -- IS Manager -- Edge Design, Corvallis, OR phil@netroedge.com -- http://www.netroedge.com/~phil PGP F16: 01 D2 FD 01 B5 46 F4 F0 3A 8B 9D 7E 14 7F FB 7A