Can't remove 'lock'

Ben Wise bwise@sito.saic.com
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 11:17:13 -0400

Folks,

I'm new to using GnuPG, and I am getting a puzzling error.
I can list the keys with no trouble, but if I
try anything else, I get this error:

	gpg: waiting for lock (hold by 1295 - probably dead) ...
	gpg: waiting for lock (hold by 1295 - probably dead) ...

This continues indefinitely. It sounds to me like
it somehow thinks another copy of gpg locked the
keyrings somehow. In the manual and FAQ, I can't find
locks anywhere, let alone how to remove them.

Does anyone know the fix for this?

(Please CC: me, as I have not yet subscribed)

--
Ben P Wise, PhD           Voice: 703-907-2555
SAIC                       Cell: 703-731-5144