Exit status and failed decryption of session key

Frank Tobin ftobin@uiuc.edu
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 14:47:35 -0500 (CDT)

Florian Weimer, at 20:52 +0200 on 22 Apr 2000, wrote:

> Yes, but status-fd is remarkably terse when it's creating some OpenPGP
> messages. May I assume that in this case, the exit status indicates
> whether the operation was successfull or not? I certainly do not want
> to parse standard error output. :-/
The question is what does "successful" mean? There can be warnings, total failure, partial success/failure, etc. Your wrapper really should try to do some processing and parse status-fd. -- Frank Tobin http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/ "To learn what is good and what is to be valued, those truths which cannot be shaken or changed." Myst: The Book of Atrus