suggest a keyserver

David T-G davidtg@bigfoot.com
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:31:08 -0400

--4oQnj4jcM03NhqPN

Jason, et al --

=2E..and then Jason Helfman said...
% What are some opinions of some good keyservers out there?

I have wwwkeys.us.pgp.net in my GPG options file, and it usually works.
I've been to Baal's MIT keyserver in the past, but it seems to be down
now; I also tried certserver.pgp.com with the same [lack of] results the
other day.  I recently hit pgpkeys.mit.edu and found the key for which I
was hunting, so I'm happy with that.

I'm interested in the answers as well; I suspect that there may be "good"
and "not so good" keyservers, but also "near" and "far" keyservers that
might be considered.  I dunno if "all keyservers" talk to each other or
if there are multiple key databases that are shared amongst a subset of
servers, either.

I'm on the mutt-users list but not the gnupg-users list, so please copy
[at least] me on any answers not going to m-u.

% --=20
% /Jason G Helfman
%=20
% "At any given moment, you may find the ticket to the circus that has alwa=
ys
% been in your possession."
%=20
%         Fingerprint: 6A32 3774 E390 33B5 8C96  2AA1 2BF4 BD71 35A1 C149
%             GnuPG http://www.gnupg.org  Get Private!  1024D/35A1C149

:-D
--=20
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) davidtg@bigfoot.com      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie
(work) davidtgwork@bigfoot.com
http://www.bigfoot.com/~davidtg/        Shpx gur Pbzzhavpngvbaf Qrprapl Npg!
The "new millennium" starts at the beginning of 2001.  There was no year 0.
Note: If bigfoot.com gives you fits, try sector13.org in its place. *sigh*

--4oQnj4jcM03NhqPN

--4oQnj4jcM03NhqPN--