dash escaping

Sam Roberts sam@cogent.ca
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:19:25 -0400

--O9wdbeiecW08deFA

If it's email that has this "---------------" string, why not quoted-printa=
ble
encode that string so it looks like "=3D2D---------------"? qp encoding sho=
uld
be done anyhow, since the internet mail system is notorious for mangling wh=
ite
space, changeing "From " to "From" at the beginnings of a line, etc.

I don't know if this is helpful, but using qp encoding will allow the far-e=
nd
to decode it back, whereas I'm not so sure the "- ---" armoring of a dash
line will be decoded at the far side.

Sam