ATT000#

Dwight Johnson Dwight Johnson <dwj@aaronsrod.com>
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 13:20:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, misans wrote:

> PGP email from Linux users arrives in two file attachments -- an asc file and an "ATT000#" dat file. In one case, the .dat file contained the encrypted message, in another, the signature, which my PGP program called "bad signature". What is this ATT dat file about?
The short, nontechnical answer is that your mail software, either Microsoft Outlook or the behind-standing Microsoft Express mailserver, is unable to deliver to you a standards and RFC compliant ASCII plaintext e-mail message which would be sent from Linux users and has instead tried to convert it into something cooked up by Microsoft. Your mailheaders:
>e7JH6ol13627
may give some clue about what is happening in the mailserver on your network. The answer may be as simple as asking your mail administrator to specify a new PGP MIME type or allow the passage of plaintext e-mail unfettered. Or you may have to ask your Linux correspondents to send their PGP mail to you in some special way, i.e., as an attachment, gzipped, quoted-printable, etc. Dwight -- Dwight Johnson dwj@aaronsrod.com -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org