Text wrapping in email

David Turley dturley@pobox.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 20:38:43 -0400 (EDT)

I'm using the GnuPG.pm Perl module to clearsign email as it gets sent out to a
mailing list. We're sending 85,000 'generated-on-the-fly' messages per mailing.
Subscribers pick a combination of topics and their email is customized and
mailed, so we cache each message and if we find a topic combo we've seen, use
it from memory, if not we create and sign a new message. Works well, out of
85,000, about 25,000 are unique combos. The problem arises in that some of the
text contains very long URL messages that the receiver's email client wraps. If
the message signature is verified by GnuPG all is well. Anyone who uses other
PGP software, gets a bad signature message.

So obviously GnuPG is smart enough to deal with lines that get wrapped by the
email client, but NAI PGP isn't. Other than fixing the long URLs in the input
text, is there anything I can tell GnuPG to do to help the lessor software
along?