Sending key to keyserver dies silently (Windows 98)

Ricardo Marques ricmarques@yahoo.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:51:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I am using GNUpg 1.0.2 in Windows 98.

I generated successfully a key (for a different email
address that I am using now) by entering the following
commands in a DOS Prompt.

C:\gnupg> gpg --gen-key
(entered Real Name, comment and email address. Then I
entered the passphrase and confirm it and got the
message that the key pairs were generated
successfully).

Then, following the instructions in
The GNU Privacy Handbook
http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html
I tried to send the public key to a keyserver by
entering:
C:\GNUPG> gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com
--send-key my_email_address@my_domain.com

But, I only get the usual message of insecure memory
that says:
gpg: Please note that you don't have secure memory on
this system

I used PGP to lookup the key in certserver.pgp.com
just  to check if it was uploaded. It was NOT.

I also tried uploading it to keyserver.net in various
ways, always without success:

C:\GNUPG> gpg --keyserver search.keyserver.net
--send-key my_email_address@my_domain.com

C:\GNUPG> gpg --keyserver search.keyserver.net:11371
--send-key my_email_address@my_domain.com

C:\GNUPG> gpg --keyserver
http://search.keyserver.net:11371 --send-key
my_email_address@my_domain.com