Sending key to keyserver dies silently (Windows 98)

Ricardo Dias Marques ricmarques@spamcop.net
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:54:28 +0100

Hi all,

(I have sent this same message about 6 hours ago, using my Yahoo.com mail
address. According to the mail that confirms the subscriptions to this
mailing list, a copy is sent by default to the sender. I did NOT get that
copy, so I assume there was some connectivity problem between Yahoo.com and
the Gnupg.org server. I am sending this again, using my spamcop.net
account. Well, let's get now to my problem then...)

I am using GNUpg 1.0.2 in Windows 98.

I generated successfully a key (for a different email address that I am
using now) by entering the following commands in a DOS Prompt:
  C:\gnupg> gpg --gen-key
( I entered Real Name, comment and email address. Then I entered the
passphrase and confirm it and got the message that the key pairs were
generated successfully).

Then, following the instructions in The GNU Privacy Handbook at
http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html I tried to send the public key to a
keyserver by entering:
C:\GNUPG> gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --send-key
my_email_address@my_domain.com
But, I only got the usual message of insecure memory that says:
gpg: Please note that you don't have secure memory on this system

I used PGP to lookup the key in certserver.pgp.com just to check if it was
uploaded. It was NOT. I also tried uploading it to keyserver.net in various
ways, always without success:
C:\GNUPG> gpg --keyserver search.keyserver.net --send-key
my_email_address@my_domain.com

C:\GNUPG> gpg --keyserver search.keyserver.net:11371 --send-key
my_email_address@my_domain.com

C:\GNUPG> gpg --keyserver http://search.keyserver.net:11371 --send-key
my_email_address@my_domain.com

C:\GNUPG> gpg --keyserver http://www.keyserver.net:11371 --send-key