rsa 1024 bit?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:52:49 +0200

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Kurt Yoder wrote:

> Is gnupg going to be supporting rsa anytime soon? I had heard its patent
> expires after August.
Yes, there will be a release on Sep 20th which support RSA. I am currently not sure whether we can also do key generation because this needs some additional changes which I am currently implementing in the development branch and which have to be backported to the stbale branch. However, eben with RSA you can't encrypt to PGP 2 keys becuase the IDEA algorithm will not be supported. If you just want to use your existing RSA key, this will work fine. Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org