rsa 1024 bit?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:40:30 +0200

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Johan Wevers wrote:

> But IDEA _is_ supported with a plugin. Is there a reason why you
> consequently "forget" to mention this?
I never forget IDEA. But using the module available from the FTP server would infringe on the patent in most countries. Therefore it is not usable for most folks. Several folks have tried to convince Ascom to give a free license for GPLed programs - but either they refused to do or didn't answer at all. Even a charity organisation is not allowed to use IDEA - you can only use it at home for your private mail with PGP 2. Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org