smaller GPG for signature checking only

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 08:40:29 +0100

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Bruce Horton wrote:

> I *ONLY* need to be able to check that a signed file is
> valid. No need for general purpose encryption or signing, etc...
since 1.0.4, gnupg comes with a tool named gpgv which does exactly what you want. It is smaller than gpg but still quite large. If you need a really slim verification tool, have a look at SFSV (ftp://ftp.guug.de/pub/members/wkoch/crypto/). This is a tool to OpenPGP sign an ELF file and embed the signature in the ELF file. The library part then can be used by the ELF loader to check that signature. It is not very fast but the memory footprint is about 18k. useful for embedded systems to check. It is GPLed; if you have problems with this, please contact me privately. Werner -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org