Passphrase from external program, script, or batch file

Marcus lists@wordit.com
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 23:36:32 +0100

Since there were no replies on how to send the passphrase via the
command line in Windows/DOS, how does it work on Unix?
I saw something like --passphrase-fd in the archive, but I don't
understand what it means or is really doing. Can anybody explain?
Maybe with that I can ask some Perl people how it might be done in Perl
on Windows.

Btw, I looked at the Perl modules for GPG and they all seem very Unix
specific, using pipes and forking which I don't think will work on
Windows. One module failed because it reads the Unix path variable, and
couldn't read the path on Windows correctly.

Thanks,

Marcus Friedlaender