GPG signing problem

Lars Hecking lhecking@nmrc.ie
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 19:06:43 +0000

> Dunno if this is a mutt or gpg problem ...
Definitely a mutt problem. It was introduced between 1.3.11 and 1.3.12.
| 6.3.101. pgp_ignore_subkeys
|
| Type: boolean
| Default: yes
|
| Setting this variable will cause Mutt to ignore OpenPGP subkeys.
| Instead, the principal key will inherit the subkeys' capabilities.
| Unset this if you want to play interesting key selection games.
Either the documentation is wrong, or my understanding of this option is wrong. Or it's a bug :) The default setting causes mutt to ignore the "real" key and choose the *wrong* key (subkey).
| 1 + 1024/0x9186116D DSA es Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ucc.ie>
| 2 + 1024/0xFB6F7CC9 RSA es Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ucc.ie>
If I unset pgp_ignore_subkeys, it works as before.